The specific miRNA complementary sequence has been engineered at 3' untranslated region of luciferase gene to make a miRNA luciferase reporter vector. When miRNA targets the binding site at 3'UTR downstream of reporter luciferase gene, it leads to repression of the expression of luciferase and results in reduction of luciferase enzyme activity. Through comparison of luciferase activity in two samples, up- or down-regulated miRNA can be quantitatively measured.
LiteratureView user manual
1. Activated mineralocorticoid receptor regulates micro-RNA-29b in vascular smooth muscle cells. M Bretschneider, B Busch, D Mueller, A Nolze. The FASEB Journal, 2016. Published online before print January 4, 2016, doi: 10.1096/fj.15-271254 fj.15-271254.
2. MicroRNA-345 induces apoptosis in pancreatic cancer cells through potentiation of caspase-dependent and -independent pathways.Sanjeev K Srivastava, Arun Bhardwaj, Sumit Arora, Nikhil Tyagi, Seema Singh, Joel Andrews, Steve McClellan, Bin Wang and Ajay P Singh.British Journal of Cancer 113, 660-668 (11 August 2015) | doi:10.1038/bjc.2015.252.
3. Role of microRNA-29b in the ochratoxin A-induced enhanced collagen formation in human kidney cells.I Hennemeier, HU Humpf, M Gekle, G Schwerdt - Toxicology, 2014.
4. MiR-153 targets the nuclear factor-1 family and protects against teratogenic effects of ethanl Exposure in fetal neural sem cells .PC Tsai, S Bake, S Balaraman, J Rawlings. Bio Biology Open . July 25, 2014 doi: 10.1242/bio.20147765.
5. Reducible Micelleplexes are Stable Systems for Anti-miRNA Delivery in Cerebrospinal Fluid. Zhang, Y., Buhrman, J. S., Liu, Y., Rayahin, J. E., & Gemeinhart, R. A. (2016). Mol. Pharmaceutics Molecular Pharmaceutics. doi:10.1021/acs.molpharmaceut. 5b00933.
6. Reactive oxygen species-responsive miR-210 regulates proliferation and migration of adipose-derived stem cells via PTPN2. J H Kim, S G Park, S-Y Song, J K Kim, and J-H Sung. Cell Death Dis. 2013 April; 4(4): e588.
7. Hypoxia Induced Aggressiveness of Prostate Cancer Cells Is Linked with Deregulated Expression of VEGF, IL-6 and miRNAs That Are Attenuated by CDF. Bao B, Ahmad A, Kong D, PLoS ONE, 2012; 7(8):e43726. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0043726. Epub 2012 Aug 27.Ali S, Azmi AS, Li Y, Banerjee S, Padhye S, Sarkar FH.
8. HIV-1 Tat Protein Promotes Neuronal Dysfunction through Disruption of MicroRNAs. Chang JR, Mukerjee R, Bagashev A, Del Valle L, Chabrashvili T, Hawkins BJ, He JJ, Sawaya BE. J Biol Chem. 2011 Nov 25;286(47):41125-34.
9. Hepatic cell-to-cell transmission of small silencing RNA can extend the therapeutic reach of RNA interference (RNAi). Pan Q, Ramakrishnaiah V, Henry S, Fouraschen S, de Ruiter PE, Kwekkeboom J, Tilanus . Gut. 2012 Sep;61(9):1330-9.HW, Janssen HL, van der Laan LJ.
10. .Decrease of miR-122 causes hepatic insulin resistance by inducing protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B, which is reversed by licorice flavonoid. Yang YM, Seo SY, Kim TH, Kim SG.Hepatology. 2012 Dec ;56(6):2209-20. doi: 10.1002/hep.25912.
11. MicroRNA-21 Expression is regulated by β-catenin/STAT3 Pathway and Promotes Glioma Cell Invasion by Direct Targeting RECK.Han L, Yue X, Zhou X, Lan FM, You G, Zhang W, Zhang KL, Zhang CZ, Cheng JQ, Yu. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2012 Jul;18(7):573-583.SZ, Pu PY, Jiang T, Kang CS.
12. Decreased miR-29 Suppresses Myogenesis in CKD. Wang XH, Hu Z, Klein JD, Zhang L, Fang F, Mitch WE.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011 Nov;22(11):2068-76.
13. The induction of epigenetic regulation of PROS1 gene in lung fibroblasts by gold nanoparticles and implications for potential lung injury.Ng CT, Dheen ST, Yip WC, Ong CN, Bay BH, Lanry Yung LY.Biomaterials. 2011 Oct;32(30):7609-15.
14. Nanoparticle-based delivery of siDCAMKL-1 increases microRNA-144 and inhibits colorectal cancer tumor growth via a Notch-1 dependent mechanism. Sureban SM, May R, Mondalek FG, Qu D, Ponnurangam S, Pantazis P, Anant S, Ramanujam RP, Houchen CW. J Nanobiotechnology. 2011 Sep 19;9:40.
15. Down-regulation of phosphatase and tensin homolog by hepatitis C virus core 3a in hepatocytes triggers the formation of large lipid droplets. Clément S, Peyrou M, Sanchez-Pareja A, Bourgoin L, Ramadori P, Suter D, Vinciguerra M, Guilloux K, Pascarella S, Rubbia-Brandt L, Negro F, Foti M. Hepatology. 2011 Jul;54(1):38-49.
16. Control of oligodendroglial cell number by the miR-17-92 cluster. Budde H, Schmitt S, Fitzner D, Opitz L, Salinas-Riester G, Simons M.Development. 2010 Jul;137(13):2127-32.
17. MicroRNA-155 contributes to preeclampsia by down-regulating CYR61 .Zhang Y, Diao Z, Su L, Sun H, Li R, Cui H, Hu Y.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010 May;202(5):466.e1-7.
18. Selective Blockade of DCAMKL-1 Results in Tumor Growth Arrest by a Let-7a MicroRNA-Dependent Mechanism . Sureban SM, May R, Ramalingam S, Subramaniam D, Natarajan G, Anant S, Houchen CW. Gastroenterology, August 2009, 137: 649–659.e2.
19. The microRNA miR-199a-5p down-regulation switches on wound angiogenesis by de-repressing the v-ets erythroblastosis virus E26 oncogene homolog 1 -matrix metalloproteinase-1 pathway.Chan YC, Roy S, Huang Y, Khanna S, Sen CK. J Biol Chem. 2012 Nov 30;287(49):41032-43. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M112.413294. Epub 2012 Oct 11.
20. Dicer Knockdown Inhibits Endothelial Cell Tumor Growth via MicroRNA 21a-3p Targeting of Nox-4. Gordillo GM, Biswas A, Khanna S, Pan X, Sinha M, Roy S, Sen CK. J Biol Chem. 2014 Feb 4. [Epub ahead of print].
21. Functional MicroRNA Is Transferred between Glioma Cells.Katakowski M, Buller B, Wang X, Rogers T, Chopp M. Cancer Res. 2010 Nov 1;70(21):8259-63.
22. Exosome-Mediated Transfer of miR-133b from Multipotent Mesenchymal Stromal Cells to Neural Cells Contributes to Neurite Outgrowth. Xin H, Li Y, Buller B, Katakowski M, Zhang Y, Wang X, Shang X, Zhang .Stem Cells. 2012 Jul;30(7):1556-64. ZG, Chopp M.
23. miR-9 and miR-200 Regulate PDGFRβ-Mediated Endothelial Differentiation of Tumor Cells in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer.Elvira D'Ippolito, Ilaria Plantamura, Lucia Bongiovanni, Patrizia Casalini, Sara Baroni, Claudia Piovan, Rosaria Orlandi, Ambra V. Gualeni, Annunziata Gloghini, Anna Rossini, Sara Cresta, Anna Tessari, Filippo De Braud, Gianpiero Di Leva, Claudio Tripodo and Marilena V. Iorio DOI: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-16-0140 Published September 2016.
24. Exosome-Mediated Transfer of miR-133b from Multipotent Mesenchymal Stromal Cells to Neural Cells Contributes to Neurite Outgrowth.Hongqi Xin,a Yi Li,a Ben Buller,a Mark Katakowski,a Yi zhang,a Xinli Wang,a Xia Shang,a Zheng Gang Zhang,a and Michael Choppa,b.Stem Cells. 2012 Jul; 30(7): 1556–1564. doi: 10.1002/stem.1129.
25. miR-200b Targets Ets-1 and Is Down-regulated by Hypoxia to Induce Angiogenic Response of Endothelial Cells.Chan YC, Khanna S, Roy S, Sen CK. J Biol Chem. 2011 Jan 21;286(3):2047-56.
26. Steroidogenic genes expressions are repressed by high levels of leptin and the JAK/STAT signaling pathway in MA-10 Leydig cells. David A. Landry, François Sormany, Josée Haché, Pauline Roumaud, Luc J. Martin. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry 2017 March 25. doi:10.1007/s11010-017-3017-x.
27. Dicer reprograms stromal fibroblasts to a pro-inflammatory and tumor-promoting phenotype in ovarian cancer. Yang, Zongyuan, et al. Cancer Letters, 2017, doi:10.1016/j.canlet.2017.11.026.